I say apparently, because I do not like fish really, I LOVE the chase, love the catch and the thrill of it, but I would happily catch 50 fish and give them to kids on the jetty to take home and eat.
I had an opportunity graciously given to me yesterday to "buy" a boat, a budget of $1500 set and I thought AWESOME, headed straight to Gumtree and looked up boats in my budget, their were around 15 in my area, in my budget.
Most were gone and the ones which weren't gone will probably never go, but a good friend of mine came with me to look over the boat and explained many hidden things to me to look for, things such as;
- Age of the motor
- Cracks in oars
- Dialysis in Aluminium
There are many little, hidden things to seek out when finding a boat, like a car, you need to look closely and of course, the closer you look, the more you find (good and bad).
So I decided to cease seeking out a boat at this stage, but happy to spend time in friends boats and hire little tinnies for the time being.
No comments:
Post a Comment